Rice Cake Forums

A General Chat Forum

Wormholes Roleplay Thread 1

Sandstriker
    Super Kami Guru

Wormholes Roleplay Thread 1

Post by Sandstriker on Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:55 pm

A thick darkness shrouds the city. The only light coming from street lights and from people's homes.

One night three months ago, portals started opening up randomly throughout the city, releasing strange creatures and people from other dimensions into the world. They haven't stopped.

The sun hasn't come up since. The entire city has been covered in this unpenetrable barrier of darkness that surrounds the city, making it impossible to leave.

Yet, life continues as normal. Stores still are open, people still go to work. Portals opening up with overwhelming amounts of monsters that suddenly attack people and could cause them to go mad from the true nature of their existence, it's all a daily occurrence around here. So much so that local insurance companies have even put "Other-worldly being that mankind is not meant to comprehend" as an option. Just a part of life, they suppose. Though it helps that there are some heroes that keep the peace coming out of the portals too.

Basic Information:

- Portals and Monsters are basically a normal thing here
    - Monsters are almost everywhere if you looked hard enough in some back alleyway, and some parts of the city have been overrun by them.
    - City is run by an unknown mayor and his police task force that roams the streets protecting people from the monsters. They're pretty good people aside from their extreme paranoia over people possibly being eldritch creatures in a skin-suit
    - People coming through portals usually aren't trusted for awhile due to the potential of being a disguised creature. They are taken by the police to get registered.
    - [OTHER INFORMATION PENDING IF THERE'S INFORMATION CONFLICT]
    Sandstriker
    Super Kami Guru

Re: Wormholes Roleplay Thread 1

Post by Sandstriker on Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Jacob Vickers:
    A portal opens in the middle of a busy street, and people immediately clear the area, fearful of what could be coming out. The police aim their weapons toward the portal, halfway surrounding it's opening.

Jacob stumbles out of the portal, gripping onto his flamethrower. He lands on the ground roughly and fixes his mask before standing up.

One officer tells the others to hold their fire before he cautiously approaches Vickers.
    "Do you speak english?" the officer asked.

"What the hell else would I speak?" Jacob spat, getting up and aiming his flamethrower at the officer, "Now where the fuck am I?"

The other officer's immediately readied their guns at Jacob.

"Sir, I know you must be confused, just put down your weapon and come with us, we'll explain everything."

Jacob gripped the flamethrower tighter, contemplating if he should listen or try his luck with firing into the officer's face. He let out a sigh and lowered his flamethrower. "I'll go, but like hell am I letting go of my flamethrower."

The police lead Jacob into a S.W.A.T. van and drove him off to a non-descript building to get him registered.

Pepper:
    Pepper's right arm tore through an amorphous blob of mouths and teeth, spraying a black goo across the walls of the convenience store. She pulled her clawed arm out of the blob, which was now writhing in pain as it oozed away, bringing an odd grey organ with it. Her hand closed around it, causing it to pop in a mess of purple. The blob withered immediately after, almost looking as though it was the discarded skin of a snake.

She turned around and walked to the cashier who was staring in horror of the wrecked store. She tossed down a basket full of bleach, matches, duct tape, dish soap, a towel, water bottles and a few candy bars onto the counter. She clicked her claws impatiently on the counter as she waiting for the cashier to ring up her items instead of staring at the withered creature on the floor.

When she finally was able to finish paying, she left the store with a sigh. Third time this week she's had to clean up a stray monster the police didn't catch, and it was only Monday.

Y'tep:
    Standing on top of a sky scraper, Y'tep scowled as best as his tilted mouth and thousand eyes could let him.

These monsters ruining his plan.

These people who didn't acknowledge his existence for more than a scream before running away to call the police.

And more importantly, that asshole god who promised him the planet.

Y'tep was rarely angry, but Azathoth was the thing that could do it. He's the Blind Idiot God for a goddamn reason, and right now his idiocy ruined their deal. All he wanted was his own planet to play around with and now the world is becoming the multiverse's newest hot spot for tourism and terrorism.

"At least I managed to keep it contained to this city," Y'tep thought to himself, "But now I have shit like demon hunters and god slayers running loose in this city thinking it's they sworn duty to murder all these beasts. And they don't even give me second thought before attacking! As though i'm some two-bit shoggoth that got too big for his shoes. People should tremble in fear and bow to me in respect when they hear whispers of my name, not immediately think they can take me on."

Y'tep grumbled and walked back down to the street. He pulled his hood down further, excreting darkness to obscure his face from any casual onlookers. He can't deal with another "Holy Knight" trying to slay him in the name of some janky ass god from Universe #4325494235 right now.
    Speed Demoniac
    Dingus Prime

Post by Speed Demoniac on Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:21 pm

Daedalus stumbles out of an Applebee's. People don't appreciate a 7 foot tall molten knight while they're eating apparently. Go figure. He watches as police surround a young male with a flamethrower, throwing him into their van. He is intrigued by this and immediately follows after the van. He walks by a shady looking guy in a hoody with darkness where his face should be. He immediately loses his focus on the police van and instead follows the passerby.
    Sandstriker
    Super Kami Guru

Post by Sandstriker on Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:29 pm

Y'tep glances behind himself before turning a corner into an alleyway that is way too dark to be natural.

Meanwhile, a few phone calls are made from an Applebee's and a couple police officers are sent off to figure out this Portal Disturbance Call. Police Sirens start wailing in the distance as they search for a mysterious "Fire Knight".
    Speed Demoniac
    Dingus Prime

Post by Speed Demoniac on Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:50 pm

Daedelus walks into the alley. He take quick notice of the way that his molten suit, though usually providing bright light, now only seems to dimly light the area around him. There is a quick moment of horror as he realizes, this darkness isn't normal...

Last edited by theamateuridiot on Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Speed Demoniac
    Dingus Prime

Post by Speed Demoniac on Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Daedalus, while walking away from the alleyway, (god damn that darkness is freaky!), sees a 7-11 with black stains all over the windows. He decides that he should turn his attention toward that instead.
    Sandstriker
    Super Kami Guru

Post by Sandstriker on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:04 pm

Y'tep:
    Y'tep sighed in relief as the latest Knight of Justice left his darkness. For a second he thought he thought he might have to do something.

Pepper:
    After cleaning off most of the goo from her arm with the towel, Pepper digs through her bag, taking a candy bar. She walks right past Daedalus, her full attention seeming to be focused on the chocolate.
    Speed Demoniac
    Dingus Prime

Post by Speed Demoniac on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:45 pm

Daedalus: Hello there, I'm Daedalus the godslayer. I couldn't help but notice the black stuff on the windows. Is everything okay here?
    Sandstriker
    Super Kami Guru

Post by Sandstriker on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:05 pm

Pepper looked up from her chocolate bar and stared at Daedalus dubiously.
    "Yeah... I um, I took care of it," she looked him over. "What's with the armor?"
    Speed Demoniac
    Dingus Prime

Post by Speed Demoniac on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:13 pm

"It makes me invulnerable to magic while I wear it."
    Daedalus continued, "It really helps when I need to defeat an elder God or cook steak."
    Sandstriker
    Super Kami Guru

Post by Sandstriker on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:24 pm

Pepper chewed on the candy thoughtfully.
    "Good to know. So where you from? New guy or have you been here for awhile?"
    Speed Demoniac
    Dingus Prime

Post by Speed Demoniac on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:40 pm

He thought for a few seconds and then responded, "I appeared in a strange banquet hall. I think the name had something to do with an apple. It was soon after I had already been kicked out that I realized I was not in Xemesis' palace."
    Sandstriker
    Super Kami Guru

Post by Sandstriker on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:41 pm

Pepper grimaced.
    "You're a newbie, aren't you. Have you been registered yet?"
    Speed Demoniac
    Dingus Prime

Post by Speed Demoniac on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:58 pm

Daedelus stared out of the holes of his mask, dumbfounded. "Registered?"
    Sandstriker
    Super Kami Guru

Post by Sandstriker on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:02 pm

"Yeah, like, putting down your information so the police don't think you're a monster and stuff," Pepper said, looking to her carapaced arm. "And so you can help out with the whole monster thing."

Last edited by Sandstriker on Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    Speed Demoniac
    Dingus Prime

Post by Speed Demoniac on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:31 pm

"Oh, well I haven't done that yet... Was I supposed to?"
    Sandstriker
    Super Kami Guru

Post by Sandstriker on Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:03 am

Pepper:
    "It's... Kind of required."
    Speed Demoniac
    Dingus Prime

Post by Speed Demoniac on Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:24 am

"Damn, well, where do I sign up?" Daedelus said, leaning against a wall and leaving a hand-shaped burn mark.
    Sandstriker
    Super Kami Guru

Post by Sandstriker on Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:51 am

"Well-" Pepper started before sirens blared behind Daedalus.

A megaphone crackled to life.
    "THIS IS THE POLICE, PUT YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!"

"I'd say that's a good place to start," Pepper shrugged.
    Speed Demoniac
    Dingus Prime

Post by Speed Demoniac on Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:59 am

Daedelus looked behind him, face to face with the police officers.
    "Can you guys tell me how to register?"
    Sandstriker
    Super Kami Guru

Post by Sandstriker on Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:10 am

One police officer leans over to the other, whispering.
    "I don't think he's going to fit in our car."

"No... Really?"

"UM, YEAH. JUST, UH, FOLLOW ME," the officer said through the megaphone. They got back in the car and started driving slowly towards the non-descript building the van went to.
    Speed Demoniac
    Dingus Prime

Post by Speed Demoniac on Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:13 pm

Daedelus follows after the van towards the non-descript building. When they get there, he walks through the double doors. They hand him a clipboard with paper on it. The second he touched the paper, the fire alarm went off. One of the officers leans in, saying, "Hey buddy, you might wanna take off the suit in here. Just saying." Daedelus replied, "Can anybody in this building use black magic?"
    Sandstriker
    Super Kami Guru

Post by Sandstriker on Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:06 pm

(( I can take control of the NPCs like the police force ))
    "Phil can do some serious black magic in the bathroom after eating some Taco Bell," one officer joked.

The police captain cleared his throat, "To really answer that question, no. Nobody here has magic. But we'll take you to the examining room and have someone write this stuff down for you. Just go down this hallway and on the second- no wait, third- yeah third door on the right. We'll have an examiner come in in a second."
    Speed Demoniac
    Dingus Prime

Post by Speed Demoniac on Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:42 am

Daedelus walked down the hallway, wondering whether it was the second or third door on the right. He decided that it was the third door, so he took off his gauntlet and opened the door. (So that there wouldn't be any fires)
    Sandstriker
    Super Kami Guru

Post by Sandstriker on Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:50 am

Jacob sat in the examining room's chair, flicking the pilot light of his flame thrower on and off again habitually. He sighed and tweaked his mask's position slightly, inhaling the sweet air that came from inside the beak.

The door suddenly opened, revealing Daedalus.

"It's about time, I've been waiting here for an hour," Jacob said.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:18 pm